Monday, July 21, 2008

This Day Africa Festival 2008 + Pic of Oluchi and Ozwald at the Festival in Nigeria


The first round of "This Day Music Festival" was held in Abuja ,Nigeria and apparently, it started three hours late (African Time,lol!) and all the local acts were scrapped due to the delay.I find that quite dissapointing,especially because the whole aim of the event is to "project positive images of African music and fashion".So how was Africa being projected when only the american acts performed? Plus,I heard that tickets were not exactly cheap,costing about $ 300 if I remember correctly.I would have been asking for my money back!Anyway,the concerts will continue on August 1 in Washington DC with appearances by Alek Wek,Liya Kebede among other African celebs ,and a performance by Seal.The last concert will be held in London on October 13th.For more info on This Day Festival,check out this link

No comments: