Friday, September 12, 2008

What was Akon's first U.S cover?


So for Vibe Magazine's 15th anniversary ,the mag decided to profile it's best Vibe cover to-date and guess whose cover was on the list? Mr Aliaune "Akon" Thiam 's April 2007 cover.In Akon's words,
"A lot of people don't know this was my first cover in the United States.This photo shoot was in Paris because I was on tour and I actually didn't know it was for Vibe at the time.I got shot in a suit and tie,a tank top,a bunch of other outfits,which is why I thought it was just another photo shoot."The singer goes on to brag that "Girls were like ,I didn't know you had it like that!"For more of his comments,check out Vibe's September 2008 issue .(You better hurry,cuz it's about to get cleared for the new issue that hits stands on September 16th.
Akon's album has been pushed back to October.Aren't you all tired of all the pushbacks and delays?I'm just waiting for him to drop it!For an excerps on Akon's cover story for the April 2007 vibe issue,click here and for another interview that he did with Vibe that was never published ,click here

No comments: