Monday, September 28, 2009

Celeb Interviews:Goapele/Charlize Theron





Half south african/half jewish oakland based singer Goapele covers oaklands Diablo Magazine where she talks Music ,babies and writing.Love the pics.She looks amazing!

Here is a brief bio for those of u who may not know her.
"Born in Oakland in 1977, Goapele (pronounced gwah-puh-LAY, which means “to go forward” in her grandmother’s Setswana dialect) is the daughter of an exiled South African political activist father and a New York–born Jewish mother. Her parents married in Kenya, then moved to the East Bay."

On Family time she says ,
"I’ve been enjoying the family time, but after we opened the Zoo in January, I said, ‘All right. It’s on,’ “I’m ready to put out some new music.”

'This is a busy time for Goapele. In addition to working on the studio and new record, she’s a partner in a soon-to-open designer boutique, as well as a nightclub in Oakland’s booming Uptown neighborhood.'

On writing,she says "A lot of what I do is solitary. It’s me in a room, writing a song,” she says. “It’s hard to know if this will connect with an audience.”

On memories of south africa she says "A lot of my family is from South Africa, and during my childhood, there was a rich South African community in the Bay Area,”

CHECK OUT THE FULL INTERVIEW HERE

MILK AND HONEY-GOAPELE


In other interview news ,Charlize Theron says she and her long term bf Stuart will not get married anytime soon .She said ,
""I don't want to get married because right now the institution of marriage feels very one-sided, and I want to live in a country where we all have equal rights...I have so many friends who are gay and lesbian and would so badly want to get married, and I wouldn't be able to sleep with myself."
She was also in the September Issue of VOGUE magazine where she said ,"I just know I’m going to have five boys.We’ve been together for almost nine years, so by now we’ve kind of realized that we’re going to take this journey together.”


"

No comments: