Monday, October 27, 2008

Meet DA L.E.S :The African Version of Soulja Boy?

I found out about this singer on Channel O 's website ,and apparently,the ladies back home are going crazy for the south african singer who performed at the October Channel O Video Music Awards in S.A .I also saw his video "Tippy Toes",and I was struck by how it sounds so much like Souljia Boy's type of music.(Remember "Crank that"?).To me,this is an example of how african artists are trying to branch out into "american hip hop " music.

On one hand,I do think the song may grow on me,and I guess people are in need of some new dance styles to replace the "Cut the Cake " moves that have been around for ages.And you can't blame DA L.E.S for copying Souljia Boy's formula .After all,that dance swept the nation and was one of the most viewed and emulated dances ever!

Peep the video and tell me what you think.Is DA L.E.S the african version of Souljia boy?
And don't ask me what DA L.E.S stands for .Cuz I have no idea and I don't have the energy to find out.

Tppy Toes -DA L.E.S

1 comment:

Kapembwa said...

Ok..seriously??..I watched this for 47 seconds..I will not waste my time..This is the dumbest thing I've seen in a long time..after Marco Polo..tht was just WACK!